ESSENTIAL BAKING TOOLS
Baking is a science which not only needs recipes, yet a lot of precision, accuracy, time management, and most importantly, all the essential tools. Whether you are in urge of baking cookies for yourself or a whole fondant cake for your family event, it is always necessary to have all the basic tools to start with on the first place. Skills or techniques won’t do anything if you lack on the essential baking tools as it would definitely destroy your recipe. With that being said, a missing tool will ruin your desired outcome and you would obviously ruin your event!
If you are confused on what to have for baking,
Don’t stress anymore!
As we are here to help you in this matter…
To help you in this regard, we have prepared a list of the essential baking tools that you would need in your kitchen all the time to bake anything. Keep reading and enjoy!!
1. A BAKING OVEN
A baking oven is the first and foremost thing to be having if you want to bake anything. Always buy a baking oven as per your requirements for example how much space do you have to fit it in your kitchen, or how much temperature would you need etc. If you are in wish of baking pizza or cakes in your oven, try opting for a large sized oven then. In short, you always need an oven, whether electric or gas, for baking anything at all.
- A HAND MIXER
You may have a lot of ingredients for your recipe and for baking the perfect recipe, you need to follow the recipe properly. In regards to mixing the ingredients, you should always have a hand mixer for your kitchen. All the dry ingredients tend to mix very improperly if mixed by hand whereas the mixer helps you blend them all together. The perfect mixing of ingredients makes an excellent mixture which in turns becomes the reason behind a successful baking.
- MEASURING CUPS AND SPOONS
If a recipe asks you to mix ingredients by the measurements of tablespoons or cups or eve teaspoons, you need to follow it in the exact way. Any incorrect measurement or misleading quantity may fail your baking completely. So, to get handy with the measurements, buy yourself a set of measuring cups and spoons that give exact measurements as per the recipes. They also help you divide the batter into two parts so you could save half of it for the next bake.
A spatula is a true savior in your kitchen. While moving your batter to the pan, you may face a lot of difficulty craping the batter from the sides and wasting a lot of the batter. But a good spatula won’t let you waste anything and it scrapes away every bit of the material left in the bowl. Moreover, silicone spatulas are perfect to handle as well as lightweight. Grab your spatula immediately to have the best baking experience.
- ROLLING PIN
If you don’t want to get into trouble making your bread flat enough for the pizza or to curl out donuts or biscuits out of it, you should buy a rolling pin. Try buying one with the non-stick surface so that your dough doesn’t stick on to it and it flattens out easily. Some rolling pans incorporate two handles, one on each side, which makes it easier to handle.
6. BAKING PANS
For a good baking, your utmost requirement needs to be suitable pans for each dish. Whether you want to bake a cake, or a pizza, or a souffle or cupcakes, you need to buy an appropriate pan for each of them. You must stock your kitchen with the major kinds of pans which are as follows:
- A Baking Sheet – Baking sheet is a very essential baking tool when it comes to making everyday cookies or cutting out biscuits. You always need a sheet to be placed above your pan to get a pre-glazed bottom for your dishes. The baking is then no big deal if you have a sheet lying under your food.
- A Muffin Pan – Where muffins are the easiest recipe to bake, you still need a suitable pan for it. A good mixture is of no use if you can’t provide enough heat to it or if they don’t get an accurate shape. You won’t enjoy your muffins as long as they are in a perfect condition and in easily released into your plate.
- A Loaf Pan – It is a common pan you would need to bake bread loafs or even different kinds of flavored breads. A bread if baked in flat pans is impossible to taste or look good. So, to get the best outcome of bread baking, you need versatile loaf pans for baking these recipes in the proper way.
- A Brownie pan – You always need a brownie pan to bake smooth, moist ad tasty brownies. If you bake your brownies in a circular pan or in a deep pan, you won’t enjoy them much. Brownies baked in circular pans get burned from the sides and the ones in deep pan always stay uncooked. In order to get the perfect bake, always opt for the square shaped brownie pans.
- A Cake Pan – If you are a cake lover and you want to bake cakes yourself, hesitate no more. The only thing you need to do first is to have a suitable sized cake pan. You must consider the quality of the pan and the size as per your preference. You may buy 8 to 14 inches round pans as per your desire of how large the cake should be. A cake is only possible to be baked in a cake pan as no other pan can substitute it.
7. OVEN THERMOMETER
Every oven has its own system and to have the perfect bake, you need to fix your oven to the perfect temperature and time. Sometimes, the oven shows incorrect temperature and because of that the bake becomes a mess. To avoid such situations, always have an oven thermometer attached to your oven as a backup. Set temperature and time on to it and wait for a great result to come out.
8. BAKING TRAYS
Moving on to baking biscuits, cookies and may more recipes like these, you always need to have a baking tray. A baking tray with a non-stick surface provides you a balanced surface to evenly place your material and also helps the food get an even distribution of the heat. Try getting your hands on trays with a longer warranty.
9. MIXING BOWLS
Apart from all the other essential baking tools, you might as well need a mixing bowl. A mixing bowl helps you get all the ingredients together which can be easily blended by hand. The ingredients which do not need a rinse from the hand mixer and only need to be firm and mixed together, can be best mixed in a mixing bowl. Get one for yourself but of a good quality and with easy handling. Moreover, look for the ones which do not scratch or warp and also do not get odors from foods.
10. PARCHMENT PAPER
Talking of the sticky bottoms of the pans, you always need a parchment paper in your kitchen. It is a essential baking tool to be placed under your food in case the food feels like sticking on to the pan. For example, you may want to place a parchment paper under your pizza or cookies so they can have an easy release later on. This is like having a backup if a pan goes wrong during your baking session.
- WOODEN SPOON
Sometimes it is necessary for you to not use a steel or silicone spoon as it leaves its odor to the food or the food keeps on sticking to it. For such situations, you should have wooden spoons with you. Usually batters or mixtures for baking foods do not stick out to wooden spoons and they are also easy for checking out the food in the oven. They can withstand heat and do not involve any kinds of risks of burns or injuries. Wooden spoons are scratch resistant and will never damage your bowls. Moreover, they do not react with fire, oil or acidic ingredients. You can use them by being super relaxed and without any fears.
If you are a fond of baking and wouldn’t want to mess up your baking, then all you need are the above-mentioned essential baking tools. You can never go wrong with a recipe if you have all these tools and follow your recipe as it is given. Ponder upon what you should buy and also from where to buy them to have a good quality. After these important steps, you are absolutely good to go into your kitchen.